Bamlanivimab and Etesevimab
Bamlanivimab and Etesevimab is indicated for:
Mild to moderate coronavirus disease 2019 (COVID-19)
No gender/age discrimination
Bamlanivimab and etesevimab are administered together for the treatment of mild to moderate coronavirus disease 2019 (COVID-19) in adults and pediatric patients (12 years of age and older weighing at least 40 kg) with positive results of direct SARS-CoV-2 viral testing, and who are at high risk for progressing to severe COVID-19 and/or hospitalization.
- Bamlanivimab and etesevimab are not authorized for use in patients:
- who are hospitalized due to COVID-19, OR
- who require oxygen therapy due to COVID-19, OR
- who require an increase in baseline oxygen flow rate due to COVID-19 in those on chronic oxygen therapy due to underlying non-COVID-19 related comorbidity.
- Treatment with bamlanivimab and etesevimab has not been studied in patients hospitalized due to COVID-19. Monoclonal antibodies, such as bamlanivimab and etesevimab, may be associated with worse clinical outcomes when administered to hospitalized patients with COVID-19 requiring high flow oxygen or mechanical ventilation.
For this indication, the medical literature mentions below treatments (click for details):
Treatment 1: Intravenous - 700 mg bamlanivimab and 1400 mg etesevimab
Active ingredient Bamlanivimab and Etesevimab is contraindicated in the following cases: